How to set up OverStream Banner on JW Player using a VPAID tag
This is a two step process, whereby you create an ad-schedule and then assign the scedule to a player, which can then be used for your desired content.
Create an Ad Schedule
- Navigate to Ad Schedules under the Monetize section on the left.
- Click on New Ad Schedule and add a suitable name.
- Select VAST as the ad manager.
- Now click on the + icon next to Midroll.
- Add your Coull OverStream tag and check This is a non-linear ad box to enable the non-linear format.
- Use the Break Timing field to set how many seconds into the video the OverStream ad appears (we recommend 5 seconds).
- Finally, click Save in the top-right to save the schedule.
Assigning the Ad Schedule to a player
- Navigate to Players in the Publish section.
- Click Create New Player to create a new Player. (If you would like to apply the schedule to an existing player, open the desired player and jump to step 5)
- Name your new Player (preferably with OverStream in the title for clarity).
- Complete all the other relevant steps (relevant to your business requirements).
- Click the MONETIZE tab to expand advertising options and turn the Advertising switch On. (If using a version 7 player, this is done via the ADVERTISING header).
- Select the OverStream Ad Schedule you created and click Save Changes.
From here on you can assign this Player to video content, whether that be using embed code or a plug-in.
If you have any issues with setting up OverStream, please see how to get support.